Monday, June 10, 2019

AN INSPIRATION ON PERSEVERANCE



Dear,


Perseverance is of no use without patience. If you are persisting in something and you do not have patience, your efforts will be sabotaged by lack of patience. 

Patience is a strong factor in the achievement of success. I should know because I have been through really tough times. However, each time I am passing through those difficult times, I realize that I have to be patient, and just hang in there without quitting. It was not always easy, but I have come out tops again and again and that is exactly what I recommend to you, Be Persistent and PATIENT. The result is always worth the sacrifice. 

"Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida, a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went. He dived into the water not realizing that as he swam towards the middle of the lake an alligator was swimming towards the shore. His mother who was looking out the window saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, she ran toward the water yelling to her son as loudly as she could. Hearing her voice the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his mother but it was too late. Just as he reached her the alligator reached him simultaneously. From the river bed, the mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the mother but the mother was too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by and heard her screams. He raced from his truck took aim and shot the alligator. Remarkably after weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal, and on his arms were deep scratches where his mother's fingernails dug into his flesh in her effort to hang on to the son she loved. The newspaper reporter who interviewed the boy after the trauma asked if he would show him his scars. The boy lifted his pant legs with confidence and said, "Look at my arms. I have great scars on my arms too. I have them because my Mom wouldn't let go.”" - Courtesy UCB Word for Today


Today, maybe you and I can identify with that little boy with the scars. It may not be from an alligator or any other thing that is dramatic in our lives. It may be scars of a painful past, broken relationships or betrayals. Like that little boy in this story those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret. 

We've got those scars because God has refused to let go of us. In the midst of our struggles, He's been there holding on to us. This week, please remember that He will never let go of you no matter the "what and buts" of your life. He never gives up on us!  Don't give up on yourself. 

I am living proof that He never gives up on us. So from today, with all the unsightly scars and pains, stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views here

I'm not a different woman at all... I'm simply a strong woman and know my worth


- Gift Vincent