Thursday, August 1, 2019

MADE OR MARRED



Dear reader,

It is important to know that in every step you take, every decision you make, everything you do; you are either made or marred!

Our existence comprises of choices that we make. From drinking milk in the morning to attending your least favorite lecture, from buying a blue shirt instead of a green shirt at your favorite store to adding an extra spoon of sugar in your coffee, from painting your bedroom wall pink to drunk-dialing your crush — you take a plethora of decisions, make choices, and bear the consequences. Choices are everywhere. Despite our parents making most of our decisions for our better and brighter future when we’re very young, we start learning how to choose between the options placed strategically in front of us and make decisions; sometimes not determining whether wrong or right.

The choices you make and the decisions you take have a long-lasting impact on your life. They make us special, put a bar of distinction between us and everyone else. Our lives are a series of choices we’ve made so far. We live with those choices for the rest of our lives — and believe me when I say this, the rest of your life is a pretty long period. Whether you feel it immediately or not, your life is being shaped by the choices you are making in the present.
Whether you decide to go to college or take that painting class you always wanted to or get your hair colored in shades of rainbow or travel to foreign lands alone — it’s your choice. It is all your choice. It has always been your choice. The past is unalterable yet offers you an insight into the mistakes you made. The present is a gift you need to make the best of, and the core of your future comprises each and every decision you have ever taken.



Sometimes, we make bad choices and often brim with misery and regret when we realize our mistake. That’s part of being human. When I flip through my diary and go over the deeds my past self had once engaged in, instead of being ashamed of who I was or what I’ve done, I want to be proud of myself and my choices. I want to be happy with what I wore, what I said, what I read, what I ate, what I listened to, and what I did. And this is only possible if I think before I make choices in the present.

We can’t undo the past, but we can always learn from it. Choices are the building blocks of our lives and despite all the mistakes one makes, a new day brings with itself new opportunities and a whole new world of choices.

#Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. The capacity to make decisions is what makes us different from animals. Our choices is the life we live, it may not be right sometimes,but it can be made right by accepting the past to pass, working on what needs to be done at the moment and most importantly having a big dream about the future. Like Steeve Jobs said, we can only connect the lines looking backwards, I believe that is true, what seems wrong yesterday and today may turn perfect tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indecision is the outstanding weakness of the majority. We are often defined by the choices we make and the thing we do. I pray we have the grace to always make the right choice. Nice one Gift. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indecision is the outstanding weakness of the majority. We are often defined by the choices we make and the thing we do. I pray we have the grace to always make the right choice. Nice one Gift. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wao, this article is seasoned with the truth. we are a sum total of the decisions and the choices we have made. choose life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are... Thus, have the ability to Make or Mar.

      Good to know you love the article.

      Delete

Please share your views here

I'm not a different woman at all... I'm simply a strong woman and know my worth


- Gift Vincent